Ross has more than 20 years experience in broad international engineering project management roles primarily in the manufacturing sector.
Prior to forming Technical Engineering Group Ltd, Ross was the Technical and Engineering Manager for Goodman Fielder. In 2001 he was responsible for forming the GF Technical & Engineering department which serviced the 22 Goodman Fielder manufacturing sites in the areas of capital projects, process development, packaging development and asset management.
In the 1990's Ross managed the operations of an exporting company providing turn-key automated in-line chilling and freezing and materials handling systems to multi-national food companies in the USA, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and South America. Prior to this Ross spent a total of four years working as a Project Manager for one of Australasia's leading engineering consultancies and another six years undertaking project work for a variety of blue-chip industrial processing companies.
Ross's specialist fields of activity are:
- Project start-ups including the set-up of management systems, team organizations, quality systems, time and cost management tools
- Leadership of cross functional improvement teams
- Feasibility analysis, functional planning and design development for processing facilities
- Project management of large scale food processing projects from bidding and financing through to procurement, design, construction and commissioning
- Materials handling system design
- Packaging automation projects
- Mechanical chilling and freezing